Popular Posts

Monday, March 25, 2013

To Build or Not to Build?


Every time I walk into our master bedroom I get frustrated that we don't have a headboard.  The frustration comes from a number of places, the wall looks bare without one and I can't justify spending $900 on a salvaged looking headboard.  That's where the question comes from...to build or not to build? 

I have personally never build anything expect for a canvas and that was a challenge in itself. However, when I makeup my mind about something, you can't change it.  I tend to try and take on things without any experience, I figure that's the only way to get experience is to venture into the unknown.

Yesterday I decided "what the hell" let's look up a headboard plan, trust that it's right and roll with it.  After an hour trip to Home Depot and some measuring and sawing I had begun my adventure.  No blood, sweat, or tears only one thumb smashing and the headboard was built.  Yes, of course I had to crowbar a couple of pieces out but all in all it was a smooth process.  I spent under $100 and around 6 hours on the headboard.  Below are some pictures of the process.  I will be staining tonight and will post additional pictures this week.

Lesson Learned: You can do anything you put your mind to.....It's true.







No comments:

Post a Comment